httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Christian Gross" <cgr...@eusoft.com>
Subject Re: Win32 Progress Report
Date Sun, 04 Aug 1996 15:10:18 GMT
----------
> From: Robert S. Thau <rst@ai.mit.edu>
> To: new-httpd@hyperreal.com
> Subject: Re: Win32 Progress Report
> Date: dimanche, 4. ao{t 1996 16:37
>
>   So am I with it or out in left field????
>
> Well, let's see.  You're arguing for a major change in the way the
server
> is structured (people have explicitly brought up the notion of more
minor
> changes, and you have rejected the notion) --- a structure which has
> served us well, for some time.

I have not rejected the notion of small changes, but what I am trying to
do is say that Apache is a great UNIX server that uses a process based
architecture.  However, the problem is that for Windows NT that is not
really the way to go.  As well I have found that many things are simply
not necessary for the Windows architecture, because it has already been
included.  OK some things are missing, but that was the point of creating
a HAL based architecture.

> I see no reason why a massive reorganization of the source code
> would be required.

Maybe, maybe not, but here is a quote...

Giuseppe di Lampedusa 1896-1957
"If we want things to stay as they are, things will have to change"
--
Christian Gross
euSOFT