httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Win32 Progress Report
Date Sun, 04 Aug 1996 15:52:19 GMT
Robert S. Thau wrote:

> Likewise, I think it would be a good idea, now that we're in feature
> phase again, to revive the patch I saw a while ago to separate out the
> OS-dependant parts of shared-memory setup in the scoreboard code from
> the, well... scoreboard parts of it.

Right now, Apache simply calls the setup routines for shared_mem
the same way. It's how that setup routine works which is different on
various platforms. I purposely avoided code like:

	#if defined(HAVE_SHMGET)
	setup_shmget()
	#else if defined(HAVE_MMAP)
	setup_mmap()

to try to keep it as abstract as possible :/