httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Christian Gross" <cgr...@eusoft.com>
Subject Re: Strcasecmp problems
Date Fri, 02 Aug 1996 22:46:15 GMT
Well after being stressed out for many hours, I have found the problem.

----------
> From: Christian Gross <cgross@eusoft.com>
> To: new-httpd@hyperreal.com
> Subject: Strcasecmp problems
> Date: vendredi, 2. ao{t 1996 14:53
>
> Hi,
>
> 3) I have a GPF very consistently that breaks my entire program, in the
> routine strcasecmp.  Could someone explain to me what it does exactly
and
> how it is used.  The values of p at time of fault is NULL and q seems
> correct.  Did I stumble on something.  Note that this bug happens only
> sometimes, but very consistently.

The problem is within the init_mime routine and the problem is

static table *hash_buckets[ MIME_HASHSIZE];

This is not threadsafe.  Hence the consistent inconsistency of when the
crash occurs...  I am going to try and make it threadsafe, but if there
are any suggestions please give them.

--
Christian Gross
euSOFT