httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Christian Gross" <cgr...@eusoft.com>
Subject Re: Strcasecmp problems
Date Fri, 02 Aug 1996 13:55:19 GMT
----------
> From: Ben Laurie <ben@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
> To: new-httpd@hyperreal.com
> Subject: Re: Strcasecmp problems
> Date: vendredi, 2. ao{t 1996 14:31
>
> Christian Gross wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have several problems...
> >
> > The problems that I am having relate to my port to a threaded model
and
> > Windows NT.
>
> When do we get to see the source for this?
It depends on what kind of source you want to see...  Currently Apache for
NT is a bit of a mess.  That means if I was to release the source today,
it would not compile, because it uses parts that are specific to my
solution.  Those parts I will not release.  However, if you are willing to
accept this fact I would be happy to release the code this weekend.  So
people tell me you want the source this weekend????   As well, this source
is very specific to NT and the first thing any of you will say is "what a
goof ball"  The reason for my delay is that I need to keep my paying
client happy first.

I wanted to spend some time cleaning up the code, but again if all you
deem it unncessary I would be more than happy to release the code and then
assist in the cleaning up procedure.

> > I do not know if point 1 and 2 are related, but maybe someone can help
me
> > on this one.
> >
> > 3) I have a GPF very consistently that breaks my entire program, in
the
> > routine strcasecmp.  Could someone explain to me what it does exactly
and
> > how it is used.  The values of p at time of fault is NULL and q seems
> > correct.  Did I stumble on something.  Note that this bug happens only
> > sometimes, but very consistently.
>
> strcasecmp is a synonym for stricmp ... it should _never_ be passed a
NULL
> pointer. We need to know where it comes from...

The null pointer comes from the table routines.  It thinks that there is
an element, but in fact there is none.  I saw it happen from init_mime.

BTW something I want to know is some of you seem to be able to get Apache
1.2 code and some of you submit code.  Please tell me how this works...  I
use a version control system myself, but its SourceSafe or PVCS.

--
Christian Gross
euSOFT