httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sameer <sam...@c2.net>
Subject Re: arrrrgh!
Date Fri, 02 Aug 1996 00:32:52 GMT

> The other solution is to, if there is no give port number, assume the port
> number the connection came in on. This would work right in most cases, but
> it is not according to spec.

	I think this is the most robust solution, and HTTP/1.1 sucks
if Host: without portnum means port 80 rather than the port it came in
on.
	I still think we should abide by the spec. But the spec, in
this regard, seems to suck (I haven't read the spec, I'm basing my
opinion on what you said), has not been finalized, so perhaps it can
be changed?

--
Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-986-8770
The Internet Privacy Provider