httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nathan Neulinger <nn...@hp10test.cc.umr.edu>
Subject Re: Intelligent Configure, take II
Date Wed, 31 Jul 1996 16:36:52 GMT

> Here's the latest round... If there is objection to the "which platform
> are you" stuff, I'll fill in Ben's detection code (I'll most probably do
> that anyway). If there are systems we _know_ should use HS's regex
> code, please let me know that as well, so I can make that the default
> for those systems.
>
> Finally, if people could Email me the output of 'uname -a' and 'uname -X'
> on their systems, that would be great as well.

Why don't you just lift "config.guess" from autoconf. You wouldn't have
to use autoconf, but you could at least use the platform guessing stuff,
since the smarts of that is already written, and is being updated, which
means the group wouldn't have to keep it up to date, it could just be
grabbed from autoconf every once in a while for updates.

-- Nathan

Nathan Neulinger                  Univ. of Missouri - Rolla
EMail: nneul@umr.edu                    Computer Center
WWW: http://www.umr.edu/~nneul      SysAdmin: rollanet.org