httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nathan Neulinger <nn...@umr.edu>
Subject re: probably a horrible... found part of the bug...
Date Thu, 04 Jul 1996 02:20:11 GMT
I added some debug code to the mod_alias module to print out the
destination URL to stderr whenever a redirect occurs (this would be a nice
option btw):

well, for starters, this is serious scrwed up. The below is affecting my
ENTIRE server...

There is NO WAY that should work...

----------
gamma(26)>
gamma(26)>cat ~renegade/public_html/.htaccess
Redirect / http://www.he.net/cgi-bin/suid/~design/br.cgi

gamma(27)>
-------

I renamed that .htaccess file and it fixed part of a problem I was having
with redirects going to screwy places... And I think it may also be causing
the other problems...

I think there must be some major bug in mod_alias.

-- Nathan

Nathan Neulinger                  Univ. of Missouri - Rolla
EMail: nneul@umr.edu                  Computing Services
WWW: http://www.umr.edu/~nneul      SysAdmin: rollanet.org