httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nathan Neulinger <nn...@umr.edu>
Subject Re: counters internal to web server
Date Tue, 09 Jul 1996 01:17:16 GMT
>>   3) They can screw-up caching.
>> (3) is detrimental to the net
>
>So do SSI's in general, and if people aren't putting Last-Mods on their
>SSI documents or CGI scripts, then they're already a lost cause with
>respect to caching.

We parse all documents on our site by default, so the caching doesn't
really help any user that is using any SSI's...

Why the hell they didn't build in <HTML SRC="..."> (or equivalent) into the
HTML spec in the beginning is beyond me... So simple... and would have
solved 90% of the problems with stuff like this.

-- Nathan

Nathan Neulinger                  Univ. of Missouri - Rolla
EMail: nneul@umr.edu                  Computing Services
WWW: http://www.umr.edu/~nneul      SysAdmin: rollanet.org