httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Douglass <miked...@texas.net>
Subject Re: <Location> bug?
Date Thu, 18 Jul 1996 16:24:28 GMT
On Wed, 17 Jul 1996 sameer@c2.org wrote:

> I have
>
> <Location /info>
> SetHandler server-info
> order allow,deny
> allow from .c2.org
> allow from .c2.net
> deny from all
> </Location>
>

> When I did http://www.c2.net/info I got in the error_log:
> [Wed Jul 17 17:25:02 1996] access to /www/s/stuarto failed for windoze.c2.org, reason:
Client denied by server configuration

> 	I'm not thinking of the forbidden part, I'm sure that's an error on
> my part. But it said /www/s/stuarto -- not /info

Change your order line to:

order deny,allow

It seems that the *last* item to match is what counts; and as you tell it
to go through allows first and the denies last, the last thing it sees is
deny from all.

Michael Douglass
Texas Networking, Inc.

  "To be a saint is to be an exception; to be a true man is the rule.
   Err, fail, sin if you must, but be upright.  To sin as little as
   possible is the law for men; to sin not at all is a dream for angels."

              - Victor Hugo, "Les Miserables"