httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Douglass <miked...@texas.net>
Subject Re: project plan
Date Fri, 12 Jul 1996 16:11:32 GMT
On Fri, 12 Jul 1996, Alexei Kosut wrote:

> But I think I'd perfer to just move to 2.0 right now.

I'd tend to have to agree with this.  First of all, any features you want
for Apache can be held until the server becomes multi-threaded.  It has
already been shown in general tests and studies that a multi-threaded
server is more efficient and (in most cases) faster than non-threaded
versions that fork extra processes.  The sooner Apache is multi-threaded
the better. (IMHO)

Michael Douglass
Texas Networking, Inc.

  "To be a saint is to be an exception; to be a true man is the rule.
   Err, fail, sin if you must, but be upright.  To sin as little as
   possible is the law for men; to sin not at all is a dream for angels."

              - Victor Hugo, "Les Miserables"