httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Douglass <miked...@texas.net>
Subject Re: Too soon for 1.2 commits ??
Date Thu, 11 Jul 1996 17:07:19 GMT
On Thu, 11 Jul 1996, Robert S. Thau wrote:

> Somehow, I suspect that we've said as much as can be usefully said
> about strcasestr() implementations in the absence of hard data.  While
> I agree both with Ben's demurral at the potential perniciousness of
> the copies, and with Mike's intuition that doing case-canonicalization
> only once is likely to be actually faster, I think the only way to
> usefully advance the conversation past this point is if someone rolls
> up their sleeves and does a benchmark...

I think tonight I will... :)

Michael Douglass
Texas Networking, Inc.

  "To be a saint is to be an exception; to be a true man is the rule.
   Err, fail, sin if you must, but be upright.  To sin as little as
   possible is the law for men; to sin not at all is a dream for angels."

              - Victor Hugo, "Les Miserables"