httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Douglass <miked...@texas.net>
Subject error reportingX
Date Wed, 10 Jul 1996 20:20:22 GMT
I've mentioned before having better error codes be returned on the web when
an error occurs in a script...  And I agree that I'd rather have it simply
go to the error log and return a generic script.. But I was thinking how
nice it would be to have an OPTION that could be *PER DIRECTORY OVERRIDDEN*
that would allow the end user to receive better feedback... ie.:

syntax error in file /home/dingle/public_html/.cgi-bin/formmail.pl at line 70, next token
"Testing"
Execution of /home/dingle/public_html/.cgi-bin/formmail.pl aborted due to compilation errors.
[Wed Jan  5 12:17:01 1993] access to /usr/local/webmaster/cgi-bin/users failed for emperor.texas.net,
reason: Premature end of script headers

Would be nice to see when developing a cgi script actively...

Would help someone

Michael Douglass
Texas Networking, Inc.

  "To be a saint is to be an exception; to be a true man is the rule.
   Err, fail, sin if you must, but be upright.  To sin as little as
   possible is the law for men; to sin not at all is a dream for angels."

              - Victor Hugo, "Les Miserables"