httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src mod_negotiation.c
Date Mon, 29 Jul 1996 01:36:07 GMT
On Sun, 28 Jul 1996, Chuck Murcko wrote:

> We can try it. I'll make the necessary changes, and Ralf can see how he likes
> the result. 'Till now, though, only parse_uri() has been setting r->proxyreq.
> I think that's why David had the proxy handler checking the header string,
> too.

No, rather I think it was because r->proxyreq was something he added after
he wrote the rest of the module, to prevent parse_uri() and
process_request() from mangling the URL, as they were doing. However, it
does make sense to check for the string as well, because r->proxyreq
simply signifies a proxy request, not necessarily one that mod_proxy can
handle. There could be other proxy modules.