httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <>
Subject Re: regexp patch?
Date Thu, 25 Jul 1996 05:10:37 GMT
On Wed, 24 Jul 1996, Aram Mirzadeh wrote:

> Anyone know which version of apache 1.2-dev was the regexp patch?  I think
> we should put it out and put in the dist directory as experimental, but
> available for all those whom would like to use libc-5.3.12.

I don't. If we want to release an "alpha", I suppose that'd be okay, but
right now, I don't know if it's quite worth it. I mean, really all the
current Apache tree has is 1.1.1, with a couple minor fixes and
enhancements and Henry Spencer's publicly available, stand-alone regular
expression package. I don't think that warrents any sort of real public

And at any rate, they're all right there in If the general public is smart and
curious (and some of them are), they'll discover this all by themselves;
IMHO, if they can't figure out this, they shouldn't be using non-public
releases anyhow. According to the June 1st Netcraft survey, there were
over 300 servers running -dev versions of Apache (it went down to under
200 in July, probably because those people started running 1.1 betas
instead). I don't think the people on this list are responsible for all
those (there certainly aren't that many people on the list), so I conclude
the public is smart enough to find our "private" server distribution site.

-- Alexei Kosut <>            The Apache HTTP Server

View raw message