httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: malloc patch
Date Wed, 24 Jul 1996 19:03:14 GMT
On Wed, 24 Jul 1996, Dirk vanGulik wrote:

> Has some-one committed something like this, which
> plugs a malloc() fail centrally ?

+1 on the patch, except for one thing:

> +  *
> +  * Dirk.vanGulik@jrc.it - Added some code which makes it barf when
> +  *		            it cannot malloc memory; this saves a lot
> +  *			    of checks further down in the code.

Sorry, but no. -1 Do not pass go, do not collect $200. RST gets his name
there because he wrote the original code, so does Rob M if he wrote it.
We also put names in some of the modules people wrote or totall rewrote on
their own, like mod_status or mod_actions or mod_imap. But if you get your
name in the code for a seven line patch, then I demand my name in all the
peices of code *I've* written. And so will everyone else. I just don't
think this is appropriate. CVS keeps logs, we don't need them in the
files.

There have been a lot of modifications to alloc.c since version 0.8.0 of
Apache, when it was introduced, like there have been to all the files.
None of them got attribution, neither do yours.

A little thing, but IMHO it's important.