httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: Bad choice of directory names for info- & status-modules
Date Wed, 24 Jul 1996 18:53:26 GMT
On Wed, 24 Jul 1996, Randy Terbush wrote:

> I think this is the source of confusion, and the "bug" that we are
> discovering.

It's not a frigging bug! It took me two hours to get it working that way.

> Currently, <Location > is applying a wildcard match to the given URI
> regardless of whether the * or ? character appears in the directive.

No, it's not. It's behaving *exactly* the same way as <Directory> does -
it does a prefix match. It just doesn't tack "/" on the end the way
<Directory> does. Because it's not a directory. (see my other message)

Specifically, a wildcard match doesn't work that way in Apache anyhow.
"/*/info/" will match "/foo/info/", but not "/foo/info/bar". Apache
assumes (as NCSA did) that if you use a wildcard pattern, you'll put the
"*" on the end by yourself.