httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: Bad choice of directory names for info- & status-modules
Date Wed, 24 Jul 1996 18:30:24 GMT
On Wed, 24 Jul 1996, Randy Terbush wrote:

> So <Location> is really more of a Redirect to MIME types?

Huh? What? Please explain what the heck you are talking about. <Location>
is exactly the same as <Directory>, excep that it looks at r->uri instead
of r->filename, and doesn't tack a "/" on the end of the argument.

> Would Action be a more appropriate substitute? (or just Addtype)

Huh? Again, I don't understand what you're talking about.

> While I see the usefulness of <Location>, using it outside of
> a <VirtualHost> definition could be ... embarassing.

How? No more so than any other file-related directive. Alias, Redirect,
they all do the same thing. Unless the virtualhost has a matching entry,
they all override the virtual host. An "Alias /info ..." will do the same
thing if there's an "info" directory in any of the virtual host's
directory's.