httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: RegExp stuff to be included in 1.2?
Date Tue, 23 Jul 1996 20:55:27 GMT
On Tue, 23 Jul 1996, Ben Laurie wrote:

> > Would anyone object to the use of a Spencer regex package? Does anyone
> > have an opinion as to which one to use?
>
> I vote POSIX. Let's just take it on board and fix the warnings. I vote against
> any commercially restrictive license, because I believe that the license we
> use achieves the aim (free software with source code) more effectively. Besides
> we've already decided on our license and so should not incorporate code which
> restricts it.

Sounds good to me. So we have two +1 votes on incorporating Henry
Spencer's POSIX-compatible regex package into Apache (Ben's and mine).
Anyone have a third, or a -1? If someone else +1s it, I'll take the
requisite parts and commit them. Then we can fix the warning, which, near
as I can tell, comes about because the Solaris cc is too stupid to realize
that an unsigned long is supposed to be an unsigned long. But I haven't
figured out exactly how to fix it yet (it's no doubt easy).