httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject modules
Date Mon, 22 Jul 1996 21:45:14 GMT
I've uploaded a couple of modules to /apache/dist/contrib/modules. I don't
think they're useful enough to be included in the distribution, but I
thought I'd mention them here, in case someone else thought differnetly;
if they wanted one to be included, that'd be peachy with me.

mod_block: This basically doesn't allow access to your site from certain
   referrers, returning a 403 response if a request comes in with a
   matching Referer: header. It is, of course, not a 100% foolproof (or
   even 50%) method of restricting access, but it can come in useful if.
   for example, someone is inlining your images and you don't want them
   to.

mod_speling: This one fixes capitalization errors. For example, if someone
   requests "/foobar.html", which doesn't exist, but "/FooBar.html" does
   exist, it will issue a redirect. It will also look for files with
   other extensions; i.e. if someone requests "/foo.html", but the file
   is actually "/foo.htm" (or vice versa), it will fix this.

Anyhow... they're of dubious worth, but I could see an argument for
including either in the distributuion. I just don't feel inclined to make
that argument :)