httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: ANNOUNCE: mod_rewrite v2.0
Date Mon, 22 Jul 1996 21:17:50 GMT
On Sat, 20 Jul 1996, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

>                              ANNOUNCING
>
>                        Ralf S. Engelschall's
>
>                 Apache Server Module ``mod_rewrite''
>            <URL:http://www.engelschall.com/sw/mod_rewrite/>

>     This is an Apache Server module which uses a regular-expression
>     parser to re-write requested URLs on the fly. It can use
>     external databases (either plain text, or DBM) to provide a
>     mapping-function or generate real URIs (including QUERY_INFO
>     parts) for internal subprocessing or external request redirection.

Hmm. I've been looking at this, and it looks pretty good. It seems to have
a lot of functionality that could conceivably be very useful. Once we get
the regex thing worked out, what are the group's thoughts on including
this in Apache by default, maybe in 1.2?

We would need to really test mod_rewrite_compat.c to make sure it's
defenitely (bugward) compatible with the current directives, but assuming
it is, I think this looks like something we might like to include.

Thoughts?