httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: Content-type "image/gif;qs=0.5" breaks browsers.
Date Fri, 19 Jul 1996 16:51:36 GMT
On Fri, 19 Jul 1996, Mark J Cox wrote:

> Heres a patch that strips all mime type paramaters unless someone _really_
> wants to send them.  I can't think of any situations that need the
> subtype definition so I'll submit this on Monday if I see no objections.

I'm with Roy. This is a Bad Idea. There are very good reasons to have
paramaters on content types (charset, for example). This is not a good
reason to strip them all off.

A better idea might be to simply make a "DefaultQuality image/gif 0.5"
directive. Shouldn't be that hard. (look at where it sets the quality for
CGI scripts - put it in there).