httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <>
Subject Re: security holes and other fun stuff
Date Mon, 15 Jul 1996 23:20:45 GMT
On Mon, 15 Jul 1996, sameer wrote:

> 	Would you suggest using this to workaround the port-number
> virtual host bug I found? I am really edgy about doing a release of

No. This shouldn't affect that.

> apache-ssl-us with the patch I posted because I'm not familiar with
> the code and I'm pretty sure my patch doesn't really fix things in the
> right way.

To be honest, I can't see how your patch does *anything* different than
the current code; near as I can tell, it'll do exactly the same thing,
except it will cause a seg fault on some systems. Maybe I missed

-- Alexei Kosut <>            The Apache HTTP Server

View raw message