httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "cannot compile" on UnixWare
Date Wed, 10 Jul 1996 17:43:18 GMT
On Tue, 9 Jul 1996, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> Also, would anyone mind if I made that first part of Configuration.tmpl
> more readable by adding a blank line in between each platform
> specification?

Wouldn't that make Configuration even longer than it is now? As it is, in
order to get to the module stuff, you have to go down seven pages (of 23
lines each). There are probably people out there who are running SunOS who
just set the SunOS line, Configure, make, and may not ever even realize
that if they scrolled down some more, they'd be able to get more
funtionality out of their server. They probably just sigh and think "Gosh,
I love Apache, but only if it had a configurable logging mechanism..."