httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Skolnick <cl...@organic.com>
Subject WWW Form Bug Report: "Missing <Limit GET> </Limit> in the conf/access.conf file" on Solaris 2.x (fwd)
Date Wed, 10 Jul 1996 03:21:49 GMT

--
Cliff Skolnick, CIO      http://www.organic.com/     cliff@organic.com
Organic Online, Inc.       ** we're hiring **           (415) 278-5650
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue Jul  9 18:03:02 1996
From: hqasem@cs.indiana.edu
To: cliff@organic.com
Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "Missing <Limit GET> </Limit> in the conf/access.conf
file" on Solaris 2.x

Submitter: hqasem@cs.indiana.edu
Operating system: Solaris 2.x, version:
Version of Apache Used: 1.1.1
Extra Modules used:
URL exhibiting problem:

Symptoms:

<Limit GET>         #<==========
order allow,deny    #  MISSING
allow from all      #  LINES!!
</Limit>            #<==========

Hi!

I found that <Limit GET> and </Limit> are missing
in the new apache 1.1.1 distribution which caused
my .htaccess file not to work at the beginning!
I simply of course added the lines; I thoough, however,
it may take other people long time to figure out what's
going on!! I downloaded the .tar.gz file.

Thanks again for a great server!

Hussam
http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~hqasem/
http://prairiedog.cs.indiana.edu:7777/