httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: Too soon for 1.2 commits ??
Date Tue, 09 Jul 1996 21:38:29 GMT
On Tue, 9 Jul 1996, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> > if anyone has spare apache time, could they look at making
> > RefererIgnore case insensitive.
> >
> > You won't believe how many people type in URLs mIxInG.tHe.CaSe
> >

> Ummm... You know, I'd been thinking about making all directives case-
> insensitive. Yea/Nea/NoOp

Um... the *directives* are case-insentive, yes? I believe Rob is talking
about the actual functionality of ReferIgnore. He wants
"RefererIgnore www.foo.com" to not log "wWw.FoO.cOm" as well.

Certainly, all directives should not be case-insentitive in regards to
their arguments. I don't think "UserDir foo" should mean the same thing as
"UserDir FOO".