httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <>
Subject Re: Apache 1.1.1 released
Date Tue, 09 Jul 1996 06:18:00 GMT
On Mon, 8 Jul 1996, Randy Terbush wrote:

> * I've created the distribution file for Apache 1.1.1.

Um... did you read It
doesn't look like it... I made one earlier today and put it in /httpd/dist
(as my email said) - why didn't you just use that?

> * I've changed the various files on the website to reflect
>   this release.

Please give an indication on the main page of what's changed. Using the
exact same language as the 1.1 release doesn't exactly give me the warm
fuzzies - if I was a user, I'd defenitely be wondering why there's
suddenly a new version. Tell me. Say "This version fixes several problems
with Apache 1.1.0, including a fix for a problem with Redirect statements
in .htaccess files, MultiViews' interaction with AddHandler, and a new
version of mod_auth_msql". Or some such.

(and defenitely take out the "stable and bug-free" stuff - that turned out
not to be true of 1.1.0, so saying it about 1.1.1 is just inviting Bad

-- Alexei Kosut <>            The Apache HTTP Server

View raw message