httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Apache 1.2 & HTTP/1.1
Date Wed, 03 Jul 1996 23:12:21 GMT
Well, now that 1.1's out, and I have a four-day weekend coming up (4th of
July), I thought I'd sit down and do a bunch of Apache hacking.

What I plan to do is go through the HTTP 1.1 draft (version 05), line by
line, and try to implement all the non-proxy stuff. (Yes, I said all.
I might leave ranges for later, but I'm pretty sure I can do everything
else).

If anyone "wants" to program a peice of HTTP/1.1 themselves, speak up now
before I do it for them.

Roy's already promised that Apache might be the first HTTP/1.1-compliant
server, and I think that'd not be a bad thing. It's the first item on
http://hyperreal.com/httpd/project-plan.html as well.

Oh, and RST, I notice that in apache-XX, you've redone some of the
MIME-header parsing stuff, that deals with continued headers and things.
Would you mind (since you own the copyright on it) if I used some of that?