httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: Question on 1.1
Date Wed, 03 Jul 1996 21:18:11 GMT
On Wed, 3 Jul 1996, Chuck Murcko wrote:

> > I'm about to revise the Apache pages and dist stuff to feature 1.1 instead
> > of 1.0.5. My question is this: should we still have 1.0.5 in there? Should
> > it still be linked from the main page with a copy in /dist?
> >
> Leave 1.0.5, because it's known stable. Clean up the Old subdirectory,
> and have 1.0.5 be it. We've got various binaries to be cleaned out, too,
> since 1.0.5 binaries didn't really get built.

Well I wasn't planning on getting rid of 1.0.5 entirely. Just moving it to
the Old subdir. I agree we should keep these things around forever, in
case people want them.

And I've wiped all the 1.0.x binaries for which we have 1.1.0 versions.
Especially since, except for Linux, there were no 1.0.5 binaries anyhow,
they were all 1.0.0 or 1.0.2.