httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject release draft
Date Wed, 03 Jul 1996 20:07:13 GMT
Here's a draft of the message I plan to send to apache-announce. If people
want to comment on it, now would be a good time. Does anyone want to send
a copy to comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix? (I hardly ever read Usenet,
so while I could do this myself, I'd perfer not to) If so, speak up.
Unless someone objects, I plan to switch over the main page and
documentation around 2:30 PM (PST), and send out the announcement shortly
thereafter.

Thanks!

--

The final release of Apache 1.1 is now available. The Apache Group
believes this release to be stable, and relatively bug-free. It is

    <http://www.apache.org/dist/apache_1.1.tar.gz>
    <ftp://ftp.apache.org/apache/dist/apache_1.1.tar.gz>

The changes from 1.1b4 are listed below. A complete list of the new
features available in Apache 1.1 as opposed to 1.0 is available at:

    <http://www.apache.org/docs/1.1/>

Thanks for using Apache!

  *) Bring NeXT support up to date. [Takaaki Matsumoto]

  *) Bring QNX support up to date. [Ben Laurie]

  *) Make virtual hosts default to main server keepalive parameters.
     [Alexei Kosut, Ben Laurie]

  *) Allow ScanHTMLTitles to work with lowercase <title> tags. [Alexei Kosut]

  *) Fix missing address family for connect, also remove unreachable statement
     in mod_proxy. [Ben Laurie]

  *) mod_env now turned on by default in Configuration.tmpl.

  *) Bugs which were fixed:
        a) yet more mod_proxy bugs [Ben Laurie]
        b) CGI works again with inetd [Alexei Kosut]
	c) Leading colons were stripped from passwords [osm@interguide.com]
	d) Another fix to multi-method Limit problem [jk@tools.de]