httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: troubles ....
Date Wed, 03 Jul 1996 16:52:40 GMT
On Wed, 3 Jul 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:

> >1) set_content_length in http_protocol.c doesn't use the second parameter  clength
> >    but always finfo.st_size

Yeah. People keep pointing this out, usually a few hours before a release.
I'm planning on rewriting that code real soon now anyhow to support
If-Unmodified-Since/If-Match/if-NoneMatch for HTTP/1.1, so it'll be fixed
then.

> >2) set_keepalive :
> >   if the server send something which hasn't the content_length set,
> >   the value of r->connection->keepalive is zero as set in http_request.c and
when flow
> >control goes back to the while in http_main.c it sees that r->connection->keepalive
> >   is zero and the server ( i mean that child) doesn't keep the connection alive

> >anymore.

Huh? Is this guy complaining that keep-alive doesn't work with something
that doesn't have a content length? Yeesh, RTFM...