httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: on the plate for 1.1-final
Date Wed, 03 Jul 1996 00:30:22 GMT
On Tue, 2 Jul 1996, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> *) add an empty htdocs directory with a blank index.html in it.

I think it should have text in it. "Welcome to Apache" and a link to the
docs, maybe some HTMl starters? And the "Powered by Apache" icon.

Everything else looks okay.

> 1.1 final will be built and put in /httpd/dist at midnight PST.  At 11am
> PST, I will send an announcement to apache-announce and
> comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix announcing the official availability of
> 1.1.  The binary releases should trickle in over the course of the day
> Wednesday.

Sounds good. Don't forget to change SERVER_VERSION (and commit and tag
and all that other stuff - as per
http://hyperreal.com/httpd/how-to-release.html, but you probably
know that, because you put it there) to "Apache/1.1.0" (the tag therefore
would be APACHE_1_1_0). It sounds obvious, but I've seen enough "released"
software that still calls itself the version of the final beta...