httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: A proposal
Date Mon, 01 Jul 1996 19:12:53 GMT
On Mon, 1 Jul 1996, Ben Laurie wrote:

> I can't believe I'm wasting my time on this. But I suppose that if I don't I
> will ultimately waste more time reading about it.
>
> So, can we stop debating and vote on the following separate issues. That is,
> one vote for each issue, please. Deadline is Wed, July 3rd, 17:00 GMT.
>
> 1. We will branch the CVS tree into 1.1 and 1.2 branches forthwith.

Replace "forthwith" with "after the 1.1 release", and I'll +1 that.
Actually, I'd perfer to leave the head as 1.2-dev, and branch off a 1.1
branch.

Out of curiosity, how does our commit-mail script handle branches?

> 2. We will remove Brian's "giant" patches from 1.1.

He already removed them.

> 3. We will have a 1.1b5 public beta.

I don't like this. Once Brian's patches have been removed, there's very
little difference between 1.1b4 and the current release. Assuming we test
it internally, I don't *think* a public beta is neccessary. Besides, if
we're releasing 1.1.0 (Brian's plan) Wednesday morning, I don't think
releasing 1.1b5 Wednesday evening would be a great idea.

> 4. We will revert to my scheme for determining the style guide (with additions
> raised recently).

Sure. +1.