httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src CHANGES Configuration.tmpl Makefile.tmpl README
Date Tue, 30 Jul 1996 04:13:27 GMT
On Mon, 29 Jul 1996, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> I also would like to resuggest that the regex package be moved to
> support. I think it's a great "service" to provide his package, but
> I don't think we want to be seen as holding the bag for porting, bug
> fixes, etc...

I think I agree it shouldn't be in /src, yet I don't think it should be in
/support since if we rely upon regex functionality for any part of the
core it's not really a piece of functionality that someone can live
without.  So, if spenser's regex package doesn't compile on platform X,
and platform X doesn't have its own decent regex functionality itself,
then what is platform X user to do?  /support is really for "value-added"
features, not something the core relies upon, in my opinion.  Maybe /lib?

Secondarily, what will we do when we move to autoconf with the code?

	Brian