httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "virtualhost documentroot directive overrides others" on FreeBSD
Date Tue, 23 Jul 1996 22:45:18 GMT
On Mon, 22 Jul 1996 wrote:
> Submitter:
> Operating system: FreeBSD, version:
> Version of Apache Used: 1.1.1
> Extra Modules used:
> URL exhibiting problem:
> Symptoms:
> --
> Not a major "BUG" but may cause confusion:
> a DocumentRoot directive (like, say, in a virtualhost
> declaration) seems to clobber any previous "default"
> DocumentRoot declarations in httpd.conf, which
> isn't a major problem cause you can just re-declare
> the default DocumentRoot at some point after all
> your virtualhost declarations in the config file.
> might want to mention it somewhere though. took
> me a half hour of muttering obscenities to notice.

Hmm, this can't be right.  Are you saying that in a config file which
looks like this

  DocumentRoot /www/htdocs/default

  DocumentRoot /www/htdocs/

then the first DocumentRoot is "clobbered" by the second?  I have not seen
this happen anywhere else, and I have my httpd.conf set up just like this.
Is there something else going on?

View raw message