httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject HTTP/1.1 and so forth and so on
Date Mon, 08 Jul 1996 01:29:11 GMT
Well, I had a fun weekend (no, really)...

At any rate, I've put into /httpd/incoming/http11.patch a patch that,
I believe, is the second-largest ever submitted to the Apache
Group. At 65k, it's narrowly beaten by David Robinson's 70k
110a.buff.patch, which was accepted and patched into Apache 1.1b0.

What does this patch do, you ask? Well, what doesn't it do? It slices,
it dices, it even makes Julian fries! Well, maybe it doesn't do all
that, but it does make Apache unconditionally compliant with HTTP/1.1
(except for the proxy module) as defined by
draft-ietf-http-v11-spec-05.txt.

At least, I think it does. I probably got a bunch of stuff wrong. But
anyhow... if anyone wants to take a gander at it, that'd be mighty
nice of them.

Thanks!

P.S. Actually, there's one thing it doesn't do, that it should, and
     that's handle continued headers. I tried adapting RST's code from
     apache-XX, but the lack of a bunputc() made that not work very
     well. So someone else can do that if they want.

P.P.S. I did "borrow" a couple peices of code from apache-XX. Hope you
     don't mind, Rob. Little things, like find_token() and so forth;
     nothing that actually had anything to do with threading.

P.P.P.S. I suggest no one actually try and read bcwrite() or
     add_byterange(). They're real messy. Unfortuantely, they seem
     to have to be that way; it was the only way I could get
     multipart byteranges to work for all documents, not just those
     handled by the core.