httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <>
Subject Re: heres a patch for mod_alias.c - does the per dir redirect correctly
Date Fri, 05 Jul 1996 05:32:47 GMT
On Thu, 4 Jul 1996, Nathan Neulinger wrote:

> Changes made and attached...
> I'm not really part of the group, so someone else will have to do any
> actual code changes...

The revised patch looks fine. The question is, what to do next?

We're going to have to release a 1.1.1, I see no way around
it. However, there are a number of options.

1) Do we release it immediately (i.e. tomorrow or so) or wait a few
more days or a week to see if there's anything else? We might not want
to have a 1.1.15 by the end of the month. (though I seriously doubt
there are really many more - if any - serious bugs).

2) Do we make it a "quiet" release or a "noisy" one. i.e. do we just
kinda replace 1.1.0 with 1.1.1, and not tell anyone, or do we
advertise to the world "Hey! We screwed up! Everyone who downloaded
1.1, come get 1.1.1 or your machine might explode!"

It's the 4th of July, so a lot of people are probably away... which
makes it an inconveient time. But, on the other hand, most likely a
lot of people running web servers are away too, so... FWIW, 272 people
have downloaded Apache 1.1 via HTTP and 1147 via FTP, according to the
logs. (though I'm not quite sure if those figures are right).

Any thoughts?

Alexei Kosut <>      The Apache HTTP Server

View raw message