httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@hyperreal.com>
Subject Re: FreeBSD port of Apache (fwd)
Date Wed, 17 Jul 1996 21:53:15 GMT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 21:57:50 +0400 (MSD)
From: "[KOI8-R] Андрей Чернов" <ache@nagual.ru>
To: Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com>
Cc: gpalmer@freebsd.org, new-httpd@apache.org
Subject: Re: FreeBSD port of Apache

Hi, Randy.

> I noticed that you are applying some patches to the server that are
> not in our standard distribution. We have included these patches for
> consideration in future releases of Apache.

It is some mystery for me with all that "we'll include for consideration" :-)

Story so far:
In early Apache 1.0.3 days I sent this patches (with detailed explanation)
to apache-bugs mailing list and someone from it
tells me that "we'll considered them for 1.0.5" (I don't keep a copy).
1.1 Apache release comes and nothing happens :-(

Recently I send this patches to apache-bugs list again (with detailed
explanation) and got following reply:
From: Rob Hartill <robh@imdb.com>

Thanks for the explanation and patch. It will now be considered by
the developers for 1.2 or 2.0
developers and not stopped in the middle by some reviewer?
What is most stable and comfortable for developers way
to contact them?

I have many materials for discussion in I18N area mainly related
to "charset=" handling.

> Since you are technically not distributing Apache-1.1.1, could I
> request that you change the #define for SERVER_VERSION to
>
> #define SERVER_VERSION "Apache/1.1.1 FreeBSD-port"

Ok, I'll change ports collection ASAP.

--
Andrey A. Chernov
<ache@nagual.ru>