httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@hyperreal.com>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "SIGBUS in httpd when used as proxy" on NeXT (fwd)
Date Wed, 17 Jul 1996 01:35:25 GMT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 14:40:21 -0400 (EDT)
From: Manoj Kasichainula <manojk@andrew.cmu.edu>
To: Aram Mirzadeh <awm@qosina.com>
Cc: new-httpd@hyperreal.com
Subject: Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "SIGBUS in httpd when used as proxy" on NeXT (fwd)

On Sat, 13 Jul 1996, Aram Mirzadeh wrote:

> Rob Hartill said:
> >
> > Submitter: manojk@andrew.cmu.edu
> > Operating system: NeXT, version: 3.3
>
> NeXT, or Linux?

The server is on a NeXT, the browser is under Linux (important because
different Netscape bugs sometimes manifest themselves only on certain
platforms).

> > Version of Apache Used: 1.1.1
> > Extra Modules used: everything except dld, db, and msql
> > URL exhibiting problem: http://dosa.ini.cmu.edu/ (proxy server)
> >
> > Symptoms:
> > --
> > First of all, I'm using Netscape 3.0b5a under
> > Linux kernel 2.0.4 to access the Apache proxy server.
> >
> > I get SIGBUS under some very weird conditions
> > when using the proxy server.
>
> I've heard of this before, and it only seems to happen when using 3.0b5,
> or b5a.  See if you can reinstall b4, or wait for b6, netscape already
> knows about this.

I can't install b4. The requests _seem_ to be normal requests in the
access log, although I haven't gone over them very carefully. Even if it
is a Netscape bug, it shouldn't cause a SIGBUS in the server, right?

I've got a little bit of info to add now on a possibly related problem. I
installed 1.1.1 on my Linux box at home for testing CGI scripts. But when
I try to access the provided index page ("Congrats, Apache works!"), the