httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nathan Schrenk <nschr...@neog.com>
Subject Bizarre problems
Date Fri, 19 Jul 1996 00:21:03 GMT

One of our clients has been having problems accessing a web site that we
have running on an Apache 1.0.5 server on Solaris 2.5 (with the new TCP
patches applied) here.  He's using a Netscape for Windoze client over a
PPP link and some of the image downloads freeze, although not
consistently.  We upgraded to Apache 1.1.1 (KeepAlives turned off) and the
problem was not solved, although a Netscape Communications server serving
the same content from the same machine does not exhibit the problem.  He
is claiming that it's a problem with our server, that he doesn't have this
problem anywhere else, and it seems to be true from the evidence I have.
I cannot reproduce the problem on any of my local machines, or through a
PPP dialup connection.  I *really* don't want to put this guy's site on a
Netscape server, although we have temporarily done so to appease him.

Here's some of the errors that his accesses have been causing:

[Tue Jul 16 11:28:24 1996] send lost connection to client ts01-03.dialup.ais.net
[Tue Jul 16 17:35:19 1996] send lost connection to client ts02-23.dialup.ais.net
[Tue Jul 16 18:04:28 1996] send timed out for ts02-23.dialup.ais.net

Has anyone ever seen symptoms like this?  If so, do you have any idea
what might be going wrong?

Nathan

--
Nathan Schrenk						nschrenk@neog.com