httpd-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: Bad choice of directory names for info- & status-modules
Date Wed, 24 Jul 1996 15:14:23 GMT
> > >If you have a directory, like we have, called "information" in your
> > >documentroot and use the new info_module, you can't access your
> > >directory "information" any more.
> > >When you type in:
> > > http://www.some.where/information/
> > >as the location Apache automatically switches to the info_module page.
> > >I suggest using a less common directory-name like "apache-info" for the
> > >info_module and "apache-status" for the status_module.

But the default for the info module is "/info" and not "/information".
A little note somewhere may be called for, but since manual intervention
in the .conf files is required to activate either of these modules, the
person doing the configuration should be bright enough to figure out that
he/she should check whether or not the choice of directory names would
conflict in his name space.

View raw message