httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca
Subject Re: RegExp stuff to be included in 1.2?
Date Tue, 23 Jul 1996 18:52:10 GMT
> I guess I could be convinced to use rx. Except that it uses autoconf, and
> since we don't (yet), that could be a problem. As well, I'm not sure if we
> could use GPLed software with the current Apache license. Does anyone
> know?
>
> Whichever package we use, I think we'd have to do some rearranging of the
> source and header files, probably write a new makefile to work with
> Apache's. Blah.

If you look in the mod_php sources, you will see that I use regexpr
from Tatu Ylonen.  No real technical reason for using this over any other,
other than the fact that the license is completely unrestrictive.  I have
included it below.  Another plus is that it doesn't require any special
configuration or anything.  It consists of a single .c file along with a
header file.  It can be compiled directly into Apache without any problems.
Everyone who uses mod_php these days are already compiling it in.

regexpr.h

Author: Tatu Ylonen <ylo@ngs.fi>

Copyright (c) 1991 Tatu Ylonen, Espoo, Finland

Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software
and its documentation is hereby granted without fee, provided that the
above copyright notice appears in all source code copies, the name of
Tatu Ylonen is not used to advertise products containing this software
or a derivation thereof, and all modified versions are clearly marked
as such.