httpd-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: Configurable nph filenames
Date Thu, 11 Jul 1996 19:04:24 GMT
> I say we move the development version to a threaded server immediately. I
> know others agree with me. Can we put it to a vote or something, so we can
> at least get a clear idea of where we're going, and how better to get
> there?

I would like to see the threaded code added as soon as possible as well.
However, I would like to see an option to make it easy to switch back
and forth between a threaded model and a traditional forking model.  A
compile-time #define should be trivial, but a run-time configuration
directive would be super cool.  Being able to both fork and thread might
be an interesting thing to explore as well.  ie. configure each daemon
to have a limited number of threads and fork a new daemon when necessary.
This way one might turn off threading by simply limiting each process to
a single thread.

View raw message