httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@liege.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src CHANGES Configuration.tmpl Makefile.tmpl
Date Wed, 31 Jul 1996 05:22:10 GMT
> In case I wasn't clear:
>
> 	./contrib
> 	  For goodies that we want to include, but aren'r "required"
> 	  for Apache
>
> 	./support
> 	 For goodies, like regex, that are "semi-required"

Whoa doggies, the train has jumped the track!

Everything under src is and has always been "the daemon code".

Everything under support is and has always been "other code that isn't
  part of the daemon but acts in a supporting role".

Neither of the above imply that the Apache Group is or is not willing to
"support" the code in those directories. So, the whole discussion about
where to put regex is getting a bit silly -- just put it under src
(preferably in a subdirectory).

.....Roy [back from the brink]