httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@liege.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: Bad choice of directory names for info- & status-modules
Date Thu, 25 Jul 1996 00:27:03 GMT
> But....  I'm not using a wildcard.
>
> <Location /info>
> SetHandler server-info
> </Location>
>
> Redirects requests for *anything* on the server that begins with
> /info to the server-info handler.

I don't see what the big deal is -- Alexei's implementation is exactly
what I would expect from a Location directive (i.e., a prefix).  That is
why I put

<Location /info/>
SetHandler server-info
</Location>

in my configuration and it works just fine.

It seems weird to me to have a Files directive as well.  I have always
been of the opinion that authorization and access should be controlled
at the namespace level (with URLs) and not at the filesystem level.

BTW, what are the precedence rules?  Does access have to satisfy all
directives which match, or only the most explicit (which begs the question
of which is more explicit if they are all wildcards)?

.....Roy