httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject C++ components?
Date Tue, 23 Jul 1996 20:17:08 GMT
OK, I know a lot of you don't like C++ (though I really think you don't know
what you are missing). But, it'd be nice to be able to use C++ with Apache.
I know that I've been asked about it several times.

I'd be interested to know about these things:

1. Would anyone object if I C++-proofed Apache? This would probably not be
much more than the odd extern "C" in the headers.

2. Which OSes don't support C++?

3. Which OSes don't support templates?

4. Do any of you actually like C++?

5. Would there be any interest in creating C++ wrapper classes?

6. Would there be any interest in creating a completely C++ Apache?

Cheers,

Ben.