httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: 1.2 log rotation II
Date Sat, 20 Jul 1996 15:21:51 GMT
Robert S. Thau wrote:

> I'll say it again until someone seems to hear it --- this SIGINT
> business is a *mistake*.  The old, "ungraceful" restart behavior is
> a bug, outright, and we ought to fix it, not go out of our way to
> be back-compatible with it.  That said, if graceful restart is also
> broken, that ought to be fixed.

I don't have a strong view either way. I thought it best to do the graceful
restarts as an alternative at least until they work properly, though they do
appear to have broken traditional restarts, too. I can't quite think why,
though.

Ah, actually, I can. I removed the "main" listen fd from the pool cleanup, so,
err, it doesn't get cleaned up during a restart (which would be disastrous).
Of course, a SIGHUP restart needs to close it so it can reopen the socket.

So, that explains SIGHUP brokenness. But not SIGINT. Hmmm.

Cheers,

Ben.