httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@liege.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: security holes and other fun stuff
Date Wed, 17 Jul 1996 04:47:37 GMT
>> Of course, if the connection is HTTPS, the "default port" is 443. But, like I
>> say, I think no port should mean "the same port as this connection".
>
> I don't know if we get to make that decision. Roy?

Hmmm, I already replied to this thread, didn't I?  Oh well, just in case ...

It should be interpreted as the default port of the full-URI (if you
have it) or of the protocol being used in that request.  If we don't
already support a server listening to multiple ports, then it is the
same as the server's default port.  You probably know better than I
which variable that would be.

......Roy