httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@liege.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: Too soon for 1.2 commits ??
Date Wed, 10 Jul 1996 03:31:58 GMT
> I've got no objections to integrating the code with 1.2.  FWIW, it may
> be worth trying running with the code in for *all* systems in 1.2
> internal releases, to see if there are any systems which cause
> problems.

Yes, please do -- I couldn't see any obvious need for the NEED_LINGER
once 1.1 is out, and I'd like to have that behavior on all systems
in order to avoid some problems with persistent connections and
pipelining.  Perhaps we could set it up as

    #if defined(OUR_LINGER_FAILS)
      -- old code --
    #else
      -- new code --
    #endif

and just add defines for OUR_LINGER_FAILS if it does for such a system.
Either that, or write an autoconf test for it.

....Roy