httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Dirk.vanGulik" <Dirk.vanGu...@jrc.it>
Subject Re: robot alert
Date Wed, 03 Jul 1996 07:39:32 GMT

> > Watch out for
> >   206.86.224.15
> >
> > Some asswipe at this address sent over 21,000 requests to us.imdb.com
> > in that last 9 hours...  most of them to CGI "protected" by robots.txt
>
> Also ignored robots.txt at xxx.lanl.gov today.
> Seems to be an active little bugger... and no USER_AGENT info to
> return the compliment either.
>
> If anyone has any info on this one I'd really like to have it.
> I want to roast this jerk alive when I catch him.

This eric guy can be reached at

	+1 415 285 5446

At least around 9.15 GMT this morning; he was kindly requested by
a very annoyed admin here to stop whatever he was doing. According
to the entry in our log; the guy took responsibility for the robot
and was aware of the robot.txt/UserAgent habits. He promised to
take action. I did not see follow ups in this nights log so I
assume he stopped it.

Dw.