httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@liege.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: Voting update
Date Mon, 01 Jul 1996 22:56:59 GMT
> 1. We will branch the CVS tree into 1.1 and 1.2 branches forthwith.
>
> Alexei	0 (effectively)
> Brian	0
> RST	0
> Randy	+1
  Roy   -1 until 1.1 release

I've been fooling around with CVS all weekend, and I see no reason to
branch the central repository until 1.1 is ready to ship.  People working
on their own updates can continue to do so outside the core code, but the
only thing that needs testing by the whole group *right now* is 1.1b5
and then 1.1 final.  Branching it too early would just lead us to distraction,
and we really don't need any help in that category.

> 3. We will have a 1.1b5 public beta.
>
> Alexei	0
> Brian	0
> RST	+1
> Jim	0
> Randy	+1

I don't think it is fair to call Alexei and Brian's desire to go for
the 1.1 final instead of a public beta to be "0" votes.  In any case,
it is the wrong question.  The right one is

   Is 1.1b5 our final 1.1?

and that should be decided by Wed morning PDT (around noon GMT).
If it passes, we ship 1.1 -- if it doesn't, we ship 1.1b5 because those
of us in the US probably won't get much testing done after Wednesday
and it *is* clean enough to be public.

.....Roy